Thursday, March 3, 2011

Less then a month to go...

Hello everyone,
It is now March and things are starting to get cooking. Injuries are healed up for the most part minus some tingling in my left quad  but hey at least its still not completely numb! and now I'm officially back into the swing of things. I'm back up to about 50 miles a week and looking to hit 60 after this week and have been doing workouts regularly. I'm getting my butt kicked right now in my workouts but I'm starting to feel better and I look forward to the next time I work out opposed to dreading it. Which leads me to the title of this post... Less then month to go... for a couple of things first an foremost its less then a month to go till I finally get to race again!! It has been forever since I last raced the events I'm accustomed to. I know In January I raced both a 3k and a down hill mile but they are just not the same. I considered the last time I really raced  July 28th in Belfast, Ireland. After dealing with some injury's this past month I am finally getting the chance to race again!! I will be opening up at the Stanford Invite on the 26th-27th and I will be running both the 1500 and the 800m.

Their is also less then a month left for our winter training trip. After the Stanford meet we will be flying home to Hanover, NH to resume our normal training and to be honest I cant wait for that day to come. I know I know California is great and the weather has been very good minus a few cold rainy days but I miss New England. I miss the snow storms and the cold weather.... I know I have complained about it being cold an rainy here in California but that's because when your in California you expect it to be nice and sunny all the time. In New England you expect it to be cold an crappy and I miss it. I miss appreciating those random 50-60 degree sunny days that always happen at one point or another during a New England winter.

I will miss working with the Ventura boys and girls club. I've had a blast hanging out with the kids. You would think we were celebrities the way the kids talk about us and how they cant wait till we visit again. At one of the clubs there is a kid name Caleb who is always standing at the front door waiting to give us high fives and show off that he remembers all of our names. I was even asked by some of the kids at one of the clubs to stay and be one of there staff members. That made me feel pretty good and also a little sad that I will have to leave these kids in less then a month. But there is still a good chunk of the month left and I will be making the most out of the time I have left here in California and with the VBGC. 

I just want to thank Amory and all of the ITA supporters for allowing me to have the opportunity to come here to California and be able to not just train but to help these kids.

Gags

No comments: