Thursday, March 31, 2011

I'm Leaving to Run up Gibraltar Road Right Now.

Well, no new car from the Price is Right. None of us got called up, but I guarantee that we’ll be all over the TV from the audience on April, 26th! Make sure you tune in… We’re on the left side wearing the neon yellow shirts – Except for Gags – he got separated from the group by the ushers because there wasn’t any more room in our row!

Training has been going great for me. I’ve been getting in some solid tempos, long intervals, and my mileage is creeping back up to where it should be. I’m not to the point where the workouts are getting any easier yet – but I’m running faster in them each time. It’s a slow process trying to bounce back from surgery, but I’m just excited to be running without my heel throbbing during and after my runs. It makes training much more enjoyable to say the least. Today, Broe and I are headed out to Gibraltar road for a long run up into the mountains. It’s somewhere inbetween a long tempo run and a hill workout. I’ll be running 12 miles total, and anywhere from 8-12 miles of that will be ascending the mountains behind Santa Barbara.

Unreal.
If you are a frequent reader of our ITA blog, I know what you must be thinking: “Oh great - another picture of the beautiful sunset in California, while I’m stuck in the Northeast winter” or Michigan or wherever else you may be reading from in the coldest parts of the United States. But I promise, last night was the best one we’ve seen so far, and probably the best sunset I’ve ever witnessed. Ever.

We depart to join Ben back in the Upper Valley on Monday and Mother Nature is building up a little welcoming gift for us… And I’m really hoping that this is the weather man’s idea of a bad April fool’s joke:

100% Chance of Snow. Nice try weather man... nice try
It is safe to say I think we’re all realizing how lucky we’ve been to avoid as much snow as much as we have! Also as our time in California comes to a close, we will all be missing the kids at the Ventura BGCA. It’s great to walk into clubs and see kids be really excited that we are there every day. We’ve truly established some great relationships with the kids and our last days at the three clubs we’ve been visiting come today and tomorrow. 

-Lex

No comments: