Thursday, March 10, 2011

Adios Santa Barbara, Hola Punta Umbria

Well, my time in Cali has drawn to a close.  Tomorrow morning, bright-eyed and bushy tailed, I will fly east for a quick stop in Jacksonville, FL for the U.S. 15km Championships, and from there, onwards to Spain for the World Cross Country Championships.  The past two months have been a nice reprieve from the snowy blisters of the east coast and a great place to get in some quality training.  And while living in close courters with six others has at times been a bit trite, the overall experience has been wonderful.  I will surely miss spending my afternoons playing dodgeball, ping pong and tag with the little rug-rats of Ventura, as my time in the Boys and Girls Club has been... well joyous.  But it’s time now for two weeks of hard racing, and I am anxious and thrilled to toe the line in both Florida and Spain.  From Spain I will return to Hanover, reunite with my pup, and get some relaxing R-n-R ice fishing in Down East Maine.

So call it the calm before the storm, as much will occur between this post and the next.  I am excited, I am ready, it's time to roll.  Watch out.

Until next time, it's all true

Ben

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice race Ben! It looks like you're ready for world cross.