Monday, March 21, 2011

P.M .A

Positive Mental Attitude,
As you know we like to read the blog of the person before us so that we don't repeat anything. Unfortunately I will be repeating a little bit of david's blog. The part I will be repeating is how my achilles injury is also the most frustrating thing that has ever happen to me as an athlete. The past couple weeks things were going great! I was working out regularly with my achillies feeling better. I two weeks ago I did a hill workout then a couple days later I did a track workout in spikes! and my achillies felt fine.... Then last Tuesday I did another hill workout and during my intervals my achillies ached a little bit when i started every interval but was fine by the time I finished. Come Wensday morning I could barely run again let alone walk with out a limp. Whats really frustrating is that I was suppose to finally race again this past Saturday. But yet again I had to scratch!!It hit me pretty hard but I got back on the horse and am doing my best to have a Positive Mental Attitude. I have taken the last 4 days off from running and I have pretty much iced 4-6 times a day and stem 3 times a day and have taken 2 aleve every morning and one every night since! I will start up running tomorrow hopefully the pain will have dulled enough so that i can race this weekend at Stanford!...

On another note I would like to give a shout out to my former teammate and best friend Mike Rut. He finished second in 800m at the NCAA Indoor Championships. He put in a ballsy move with 400 to go to take the lead and just barely got passed at the line for second running 1:48.37 losing to the winner who ran 1:48.33. If you like following College track he is definitely someone to look for this spring!

Also I got to give my current teammate Ben True some love as well he was Team USA's top finisher at World Cross! So make sure to congratulate him! Hes worked his butt off all fall and its now starting to show!

I hope all is well with all our followers and next time I post I will be back in Hanover,NH and hopefully I will be back to full strength!

Oh ya go and rent the movie The Fighter!
Lowell Pride Baby!!!


Gags

No comments: