Monday, April 4, 2011

Should I take a nap or just stay up all night?


In less than five hours our time in California will have officially come to an end. We will be loading up the van and headed to the airport at 2:45am, arriving in Boston sometime tomorrow afternoon. Our time in California has been well spent. It was rewarding to see the impact that we had on the kids the last few days we spent with them. They were especially sad to see us go and we will miss them. We will never forget our time working with the Ventura BGCA. The kids have made just as big of an impression on us as we have had on them. 


Training will hopefully resume for me on Friday! This past Friday I was fortunate enough to have an appointment with Amal Saxena of Stanford Medical Center. I received a few injections in my achilles that will hopefully solve all the pain and frustration this injury has been causing me. Lets hope for the BEST!!!!!!
Lex, Coach, and I got ambitious yesterday and accomplished a goal we had been striving to achieve before we went back to Hanover. That goal was to go fishing. Yesterday, we motored out of the Oxnard marina at o'dark-thirty and fished till nearly 4pm. At first the trip was rather frustrating. As we departed the harbor the weather was not cooperating. It was a chilly breezy morning with an annoying drizzle. As we started to fish the strong breeze was tangling lines and the captain decided to move multiple times because of this. However, by about 9am the wind had died down and the fish started biting. The trip grew more and more enjoyable as time went on. Between the three of us we probably caught upwards of 50 fish and 1 bird. Dolphins and seals also made guest appearance from time to time. It was an enjoyable trip and made for a great dinner last night.  



I now need to make a decision on whether to pull an all nighter or take a nap. At this point I am looking at about 3 hrs of sleep max in preparation for tomorrows travels.............................. eehh, I can sleep when I am dead.

Good Bye California we will miss you!!!!!

See ya all back in New England!!

David 

No comments: