Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter everyone

I apologize for the delayed blog. I got caught up yesterday with all the Easter festivities that it totally slipped my mind.Speaking of festivities the team got together yesterday and did an Easter egg hunt up at the barn followed by a nice Ham dinner and ended the night off with a game of monopoly. If ya cant be with family for Easter then friends are a very good substitute. I hope that all my family, friends, and blog readers had just as good of an Easter as we did hear at team ITANH.

Okay now on to some track talk! Training has been going great since we've gotten back from California. My achilles is still sore an achy at times but I am able to train and race through it without it getting any worse so that's a plus! I hope its one of those things that feels like its never going to go away and then one day I will notice that my achilles doesnt hurt anymore. Kind of like a sore throat that finally goes away but you don't really remember when it actually stopped hurting. Well I can only hope that is the case.

Now some good news! I ran the 800m this past friday down at Princeton and finished third running a 1:49.05. I was very happy with the result of the race. The leaders took off and went through the 400m in 50.x. I came through in 53.0 and i thought to my self  "That felt fast". I was in last place going into 600m at around 1.20.8 but i felt pretty good considering and the pack in front of me slowly started to come back to me and I made a hard move to the outside coming around the turn an was able to past a majority of the field as if they were walking and started closing on the leaders! Unfortunately I just ran out of room and they crossed the finish line in 1:48.6 and 1:48.71. But I was able to close strong and run a 27.x last 200. So I was very happy about that and on the same weekend last year I had run my first 800m of the year in 1:49.03 so its a good sign considering all the training I missed this winter due to my achilles injury.

My next race is this Sunday at Stanford. I will be running at the Payton Jordan Invite and I will be racing the 800m. Stay tuned for results!

Again I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter

Brian

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Though our Easter was awesome...it would've been better with you around!

Frankie misses his Uncle!

Run Fast & Kick Ass!