Sunday, April 17, 2011

Reporting from Boston:

Hello Ita followers,

I am reporting from Boston after spectating the races attached to the marathon. It is crazy in Boston right now - the streets were full of distance runners today! We had some great performances by the team leaving everyone even more hungry for our next race... Including me! I am slowly but surely getting back into shape and can't wait to open up on he roads in June. 

Broe and I figured out my race schedule for the summer and just being around a road racing atmosphere has me really excited for summer. I am actually getting back to racing next weekend at Princeton where I'll open with a 5000m on the track.! I can't wait to jump into some competition but am a bit nervous as it's my first race since surgery. It will be good to bust some rust off on the track before hittin up the roads in June. 

In other news, we have reunited back in Hanover and are all settled in. We have been helping out with a middle school track club and the Hanover high school track team. According to the coach, the kids think it's 'totally sick' that we come to their practices. I think we enjoy it as much as they do. It gives us some great perspective and is pretty enjoyable to see the passion that the kids have for track and field. Welp, hats all for this time...

Have a great day!

Lex

No comments: