Monday, February 28, 2011

Moving Along

Good Evening,

The Kids at the Boys and Girls Club have really started looking forward to seeing us through out the week.  It is exciting to be making such a difference in their lives. You can see the excitement and joy in their eyes as we walk through the doors. It is sometimes a challenge to decide what daily activity to undertake when the kids are all trying to get you to participate in a different daily activity.  Like Lex's last blog I was also in Art class a few times. Below is one of the creations that came out of the art room.


A week or two ago I was able to make a trip to the local airport in Ventura during some free time. They had a impressive variety of aircraft throughout the field. Including two P-51's that are my personal favorites! Its was an enjoyable way to spend a few hours on a Saturday morning.


Training and the achilles still seem to be moving in the right direction however at and agonizingly slow pace. About 2 weeks ago I had to take 2 days off...............again. The achilles problem flared back up slightly and we where being pre cautious. Therefore, I received a wonderful present and headed back to the pool for a little over a weeks time, which surprisingly I did not mind. The pool has started to grow on me and become a little more enjoyable.

Taking two days off and hitting the pool has seemed to be just what the doctor ordered health wise. Since the short break I have had zero pain in my achilles. I have also been able to help Tony run two tempo runs throughout the last week or so. Its a step in the right direction and hopefully I will be able to talk about more workouts and a full training regime for my next blog.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!!

David

No comments: