Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cleared to Taxi

Tomorrow, we will start our first day with the Boys and Girls Club of Ventura County. Some of us will be spending time at up to 2 different club sites. Should make for a fun filled day in the ITA household. I am very excited for the implementation of ITA into the Boys and Girls Club!

I have been making tremendous progress with the achilles injury. Running has resumed and am finally out of the pool! The pool was a major struggle and am ecstatic to be out of that wretched place. A few training runs have been upwards of an hour and hills are looking more and more tempting. I hope to be completing some light workouts late next week and continue to  increase my daily distance runs lengths.
A goal that I have been especially focused on lately is my flexibility. Many probably do not know this but I was one of the most inflexible runners in the history of the world(no exaggeration). Standing and trying to touch my toes I was lucky to get half way down my shins. Lying on my back I could not bring my leg up for a hamstring stretch past 45 degrees without bending my knee. Coach likes to refer to my hamstrings as steel cables. So, I was very inflexible and quickly found out that that needed to change. To date with a little work I can now touch my toes and can get past 90 degrees for the hamstring stretch. It may take me about 5 minutes of stretching and some humorous faces in the process, but nonetheless its a major improvement. I have been also working on the L7 (Hurdlers) stretch. This is the most challenging of them all and will certainly take some extra work. 

Today we went looking far a good training hill, and as you can see below we found plenty. As well as got a little sidetracked at the same time. 


I just got a phone call from my brother while typing, asking if he could come out and visit tomorrow. Yet another great thing to look forward to!!

Welp, I am going to bed. Hope everyone has a wonderful night!!!

David 

No comments: