Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 1

Today was my first day back to training. I took a few weeks off and now im ready to move forward and look towards some serious training this fall! I went on a four miler today and things felt good. I plan on sticking to about 4-5 miles a day for the next week or two with a longer run here an there. I don't want to rush into things to quickly so im gonna take my time building back up!  Im also lifting twice a week with our strength coach Wayne. Nothing to heavy yet just light stuff to get back into the whole lifting routine. I am really excited about the training this fall. I know this past year was a big disappointment and it has been frustrating especially the things that I had no control over. But last year was by no means a waste! I have learned a lot from it and I know coach has learned a lot from it too. We are going to take all the ups and downs from last year and really get after this year!

I am also really excited because I will be heading back to Camp Foss in less then 13 days! Camp Foss is a running camp for high school aged kids. I went my senior year in high  school and I loved it so much I managed to get a job helping out and now I work there as a councilor. The camp is so well liked that Week one sold out in November and week two sold out in February! not bad considering the camp doesn't start till August 15th. The camp is run by Kevin Maloney who is a great boss and a great friend! If you want to learn more about the camp check it out here.. Fossrunningcamp.org.  Its by far the best two weeks of summer! There are great trails and dirt roads to run on as well as a lake to hop into after your run. Cant think of  a better place to start my training.... besides the upper valley of course ;). And Coach Broe is coming this year! Hes going to come up to guest speak for both weeks.

And Wow its already August 1st! I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the summer

Gags

No comments: