Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Camp Foss

Hey all,
Im writing you from camp foss. Sorry my blog is a little late it gets very busy around camp and there are only a few computers in camp so internet accesses is limited. So anyways camp is going great!. Coach Broe came in last week an spoke to the kids and they loved it. The kids thought he gave a great speech and they all learned alot about mental toughness and hardwork. The campers would come up to me asking if he was going to come back next year and that it would be cool if he was a counclor here at camp. And I thought to my self wow these kids only had a day or so with him and they were motivated to go out an run there butts off and I get the pleasure of being coached by him. I find my self lucky and really excited to get back to hanover and get back into "Beast mode". 

Anyways its now week two and we have a new group of about 240 highschool athletes and so far things are going great. The weather has been nice and sunny and none of the kids have gotten hurt yet.. knock on wood.... I say "yet" because last week one of my campers took an elbow to the face and broke his nose. I must give the kid credit he broke his nose on tuesday night and toughed it out and stay at camp all week. He was well aware that the longer he waited the more its going to hurt when they have to rebreak it back into place. But the kid was a champ and really enjoyed camp so he stayed. It was the first time ive seen a kid break his nose and not have it bleed. Oh and another good thing! the food has actually been very good this year. Some years the food has been barely eadible but this year its really good.

But I gotta head out now the campers just got out of there morning meeting and its almost run time! I hope everyone is enjoying the end of summer.

Cheers,
Gags

No comments: