Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fall is here!

Hello all,
It may still be warm but the leaves are already starting to change and everyone knows what that means! Pumpkin spiced coffee at Dunkin Donuts!! I'm personally not a fan of coffee but I cant get enough of the pumpkin spice. I must say coach Broe and Bekah planned the perfect date for their wedding. It ended up being a beautiful ceremony and the foliage in the background of the ceremony couldn't of painted a better picture. I just want to wish Coach and his lovely wife Bekah a long and happy life together. But just because coach is on his honeymoon doesn't mean things slow down here. The past two weeks I have hit 70 miles (7days) and 67 miles (6 days) and have had long runs of 14 and 15 miles (The morning after coaches wedding). So needless to say I am working hard. This week I'm looking to hit 70 miles in 7 days. My weeks are set up with a fartlek/hill workout, a mid week longish run (10), a tempo run, and then a Long run(15). Its been working very well and I have already started to see improvements in my fitness over the last three weeks. I will have another week of the same type of schedule and then start a new phase in my fall training. Needless to say I'm very excited to be consistently hitting the higher mileage.

On another note, Leb XC is doing great. Our kids are running great and are very enthusiastic about the sport. They all want to run more then they did they day before and they are always asking for more core work. I hope they keep this attitude up as they grow up because if they do they will be very successful in whatever they choose to do. We have a big race up in Thetford on saturday Oct. 1st. We hope that if you are in the area you will stop in and watch the races. The girls middle school race starts at 10:30 and the boys start at 10:50. We are hoping to improve on are times from earlier this month. Also if you get a chance pick up the valley news tomorrow. There should be a very good article about our XC programs in the sports section.

Cheers,
Gags

No comments: