Sunday, September 18, 2011

Ben True Representing!!!

I want to start by saying congratulations to Ben True for following up his USA 10K Championship win with a USA 5K win!  For all of you who watched online, I am sure you witnessed how gutsy of a race it was.  To not only lead a large share of the race but to save enough in the tank for a mean kick up a hill was very impressive indeed.  Also, congratulations to Lex Williams who finished as the 11th American overall.  Now that Lex is finished training for races this summer, we will finally begin training together on the same schedule; something I am looking forward to as he is a very talented runner and will definitely help me to improve as an athlete.

On a more personal level… last week was one of many milestones to come in my career here at ITA.  When I moved to the upper valley, I told myself that I would start taking care of all the small details for the first time in my running career.  I want to see just how good I am capable of becoming, and I realize that in order to accomplish this goal it is those details that will inevitably shape the results.   It has now been 18 days since I arrived in Hanover, and I have definitely made some big strides in the right direction, though there are many more to go.  Not only did I reach 70 miles last week for the first time ever, I am now paying much more attention to the things that I put in my body as well.  Training is going great (knock on wood).  I feel as though I am in the best shape of my life; probably due to the much improved diet.  J  I am already beginning to get excited for the track season to arrive and have set some very high standards for myself and looking forward to the challenge.

-Jeff

1 comment:

H. Gill said...

Jeff I also hit 70+ miles for the first time since high school for me!! Take care of your body and listen to everything that Broe has to tell/teach you. He is a very valuable resource so take advantage of everything he has to offer!!