Wednesday, September 14, 2011

And so it begins

Hello all,
So not much to report on at the moment. Training is going very well. I just had my meeting with Coach to talk about the fall training and we have something really good cooking up! But for right now I am just working on getting up to 70 miles a week and feeling comfortable doing it. In about a month we will start our first phase of this years training and I couldn't be more excited about it. I will be racing some XC this fall too, which really excites me. I always like running a few XC meets in the fall so this year that's exactly what I'm going to do. I know for a fact that I will be running the Mayors Cup in Boston followed by USATF New Englands. I plan on breaking my 8k pr of 25:42 so I guess you can say that's one of my short term goals!

On another note,

Yesterday was our first middle school XC meet and it went very well. The kids went out an ran great even though we only had two practices leading up to the meet. But that didn't stop two of our boys from placing 8th and 12th respectively. It also didn't stop the rest of the team (Boys and Girls) from getting out there and racing. Everyone had fun and the kids are really looking forward to our next practice. They are even asking to run hills!! These kids are great and I'm really looking forward to working with them for the next two months. The only issue we had was  one of our kids got sick and couldn't make it to the race. Hopefully we will have our entire team for the next race! Speaking of that our next race is in Norwich on Thursday @4pm so if you are in the area you should stop by and check it out.


Brian

No comments: