Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Off Day


Hello all
Today was an off day for me. I usually go about 3 weeks straight followed by an off day. Today’s off day couldn’t have come soon enough! It’s been a solid three weeks of training but it’s been a lot of mileage. I Hit 76 miles last week and 70 miles the week before.  I am feeling great but my legs definitely needed the rest. So today I had my deep tissue massage and then grabbed a Dunkin Donuts pumpkin coffee and relaxed for the rest of the day. Now I’m watching the Bruins game.

I’m getting pretty excited for next weekend! It will be my first XC race in a few years. I’m racing the 8k at the mayor’s cup down at Franklin Park in Boston.  My 8k PR on the course is 25:42. I ran that my softmore year in college and I look forward to blowing the PR out of the water! I know I am in a lot better XC shape now and I am confident that I will run well. Im excited for next weekend because it’s also the Middle School XC state meet. Luckily the state meet is on Saturday and my race is on Sunday so there’s no conflict and I will be able to watch my middle school team race! It’s also going to be sad because it’s the last race of the middle school XC season. The kids have already asked if I could make next year’s season long and if we could meet five days a week opposed to the 3 days a week that we meet now. I told them I will see what I can do. I think it would be a great idea to have practice every day and hopefully next year we will be able to do just that. Speaking of middle school XC we have our last “regular season” meet in Thetford tomorrow at 4:30. So if you are in the area please stop by and cheer on the Leb XC team as they shoot to improve their times from the last time they raced on this course. It’s going to be wet so if you do come an umbrella and a rain jacket and maybe some rain boots would be a good idea.

Well my day off is almost over!
Goodnight 
BGags

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oasis Health and Beauty Day Spa Toowoomba is a leading Massage and Beauty spa in Toowoomba. We offer deep tissue massage, spa rituals Toowoomba, day spa Toowoomba and also provide skin care treatment.

deep tissue massage

jon wilson said...

You made some excellent points in that post. I find this a really interesting subject.
day spa Toowoomba