Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A New Year

Monday was a big deal.  Why you might ask?  Well, Monday was the first day of my new year of training.  And this is not the commencement of just any year, but the lead up for the 2012 Olympic games.  There is a lot on the line this year, and this past Monday, I starting the ball rolling after successfully surviving my two week break of running.  Taking the time to allow the mind and body to fully recover after a long year of training and racing is essential for continuous improvement. The body can only take so much abuse before it needs quality rest to get fat and become lazy.  Well, after my two weeks and gaining a good thirty pounds (this figure has not been proven, only speculated) it’s time to get to work.  Things will heat up quickly, as my first race back will be a 5km road race in New York City as part of the marathon weekend on November 5th.  Being able to be apart of one of the major marathons is a pleasure and honor and I am very excited to be able to watch the marathon live from the lead vehicle, allowing me a rare view of the race and insight to possible future endeavors.  From there, the rest of my fall will consist of miles upon miles strengthening the legs and preparing myself for the goals ahead.  I am eager to get back to work.  No more sitting around on the couch, it is time to get up and get out the door.  For this year is going to be tough, and I am going to work harder than anyone else out there.
Until next time,
Ben

No comments: