Monday, October 17, 2011

The beginning and end of two seasons...

Tomorrow is the beginning of our last week of cross country practice at Lebanon Junior High.  Saturday the team will travel to Londonderry for the state championship, and all of the kids are extremely excited.  It has been a great experience to witness these kids develop over such a short period of time.  All of them have not only been steadily improving their times on the course but have developed a love for the sport.  Brian and I have seven runners on our roster, and they have all been asking if we can continue to meet for practice after the state championship.  That is awesome!

As Lebanon’s cross country season comes to an end, the ITA’s season is just beginning.  The day after the Londonderry state championship Brian, Lex, and I will be racing at the Mayor’s Cup in Boston.  It has been over a year since my last cross country race, and I am extremely excited to get back in the cross country mode.  Training has been going really well.  I had a small hiccup with my hamstring being overly tight this past week, but after a well rested day off I am feeling much better and have had a couple good workouts since.  One final side note... the St. Louis Cardinals are in the World Series!!!  It has been an amazing September and October for the Cardinals and I have enjoyed watching their games.

-Jeff

No comments: