Thursday, July 21, 2011

Its HOT!!

I hope everyone is drinking lots of water and staying hydrated over the next couple of days. It looks like 90's all the way through Saturday and if you don't pay attention to your water intake you could find yourself in a lot of trouble!  Besides the heat this has been a very good week. We had a few recruits come up and visit. We did our best to show them all that the upper valley had to offer in hopes that it will persuade them to join our group. Luckily the weather was perfect so we were able to take them out fishing and swimming and all the fun stuff. Now that the recruits have gone home to think over there their decisions me and coach are hard at work painting the rest of the barn! It's a very tedious job but I enjoy it and it gives me something to do while we take a break from our community work with the kids. Speaking of that, I am really excited for this fall when we start our own middle school cross country programs in Canaan and Lebanon. But I will save that for another blog because although I'm excited for the programs to start it also means the end of summer! So I will wait a little bit longer and try to hold on to whats left of summer before I start counting down the days till fall cross country.  Besides the recruits and painting up at the barn theirs not much else new to report on my end! As for my training I am currently taking a few days off to get my legs back under me. They just havent felt very good as of late. Hopefully with a few days off they will feel as good as new!

I hope everyone enjoys the warm weather but remember keep drinking water!!

Brian  

No comments: