Monday, July 11, 2011

Heading to canada eh!

 I was told that my grammar was very poor in my previous post. I apologize for the poor grammar and will do my best to clean it up. I was never a fan of English papers and I viewed my blog as something informal were I could write carefree. Unfortunately I think someone got sick after reading my "messy" blog and that's the last thing I want! So from here on out I will do my best to make sure my grammar and punctuation are correct. Again I may miss a few things here and there so "Reader Beware". :)


That's right I am heading to Toronto to compete. I will be racing the 800m on Wednesday. I am fired up to race again especially after the whole fiasco at USAs. The last few weeks of training have been going well. Actually last week I ran 3:43.99 in a road mile. It was said to be the fastest mile time ever run on US soil... and there was even a hill in it!! and it was up hill at one point. But in all honesty it was a downhill mile but I still won and beat some really tough competitors and I felt very good doing it. They day after running the downhill mile I raced in a local 4th of july road race in the town next to my home town. The race was called the John Carson  2 miler. Unlike the downhill mile this course had it's share of uphills! Things went well and I won. I ran a time of 9:11ish.... They clocked me at 9:15 but said they had timing issues and that I was closer to 9:10. Either way its a big Pr. My personal best on that course was 9:34 and its my best two miler ever. My best track two miler was 9:43. I ran that time when I was a junior in high school and I haven't run a two mile track race since. Hopefully I feel just as good on Wednesday and I can continue my winning streak and run a fast 800m time. But enough of this blog everyone should be outside enjoying this beautiful summer day! I will post back later with results.

Gags

No comments: