Sunday, July 24, 2011

Days of Travel

It seems that since I have finally moved into my new house I have spend more time on the roads traveling than I have in my own bed.  This past weekend I drove up to Bar Harbor, Maine for my cousin’s wedding.  Anytime I can find an excuse to visit Down East Maine I jump at the opportunity.  If you have never been to Acadia, I highly recommend you find the time to explore one of the most beautiful National Parks in the country.  Miles of pristine dirt packed carriage trails meander throughout the park creating a runner’s paradise.  Combine that with the rocky Maine coast and the rolling mountains of Mount Desert Island and you find yourself in an outdoorsmen’s utopia.  Oh the wonders of Maine.  But yes, the wedding was nice and it was great to see the family and catch up with friends.  But even after a packed last few days the travels cease to end as tomorrow I will board a plane and fly to Davos, Switzerland and begin my European adventure.  While the notion of cramming myself into what can only be described as an iron maiden for hours on end doesn’t immediately cause me to sing in delight- I am excited to get over to Europe and munch on some of their delicious crusty bread and enjoy the sights and sounds of the high Alps.  I would love to say that I am flying over to Europe because I have been blessed since my last blog post and have finally found races for me to chase the illustrious Olympic ‘A’ standard but the reality of the situation finds me in the same position as before with only the faint outside chance of being able to open up the throttle and race.  But the trip to Euro-land should be a good one, as I will spend a week in Davos before trekking to London to watch the US Olympic Trials for triathlon.  I look forward to visiting the land of army knives, Swiss Miss, and clocks and relish in the opportunity to see the land of Le Corbusier, Jacob Amsler, and Ursula Andress.  Begin the crazy European adventures and wish me luck in finding a race to run.
Until next time, 
Ben

1 comment:

jim said...

Go Get 'em Ben! Good luck and God bless. Enjoy your trip.