Sunday, November 21, 2010

Hanover News

Good Evening. Im David Brent and heres whats happening in the world of Hanover, NH

SInce my last post training has been going great.................until the last 2 days. All training runs, workouts, lifts, etc. were going fantastic and according to schedule...............till friday. Someone decided to put a tree root underneath some leaves on a trail that we run frequently. The combination of my foot contacting the uneven root surface and the momentum of my body caused my ankle to give way. My ankle is currently rather swollen and sore, but I will live. The only thing I can do is ice, ice, ice!!!! It has been rapidly improving. I took the weekend off and am hoping to be able to complete a full day of training tomorrow and be back on schedule for the Manchester road race this Thursday. 

Earlier this month I took a nice trip back to Michigan. It was fun to catch up with some hometown friends and see the family. I also watched the Eastern Michigan Cross Country team win the Mid American Cross Country Championships. Congrats to all of them. It was a great time and it brought back many old memories of being on the cross country team at EMU. 

We are currently in the process of contacting schools in the Upper Valley to start the Mighty Milers program. We hope to be in schools implementing our programs in the upcoming week or two. It has been a rewarding and exciting process and I look forward to our progress in the future.
Lastly, I would like to congratulate my sister Sarah and her high school volleyball team(Monroe St Mary’s Catholic Central) for winning the Michigan volleyball state championship this past Saturday. I was lucky enough to watch it out here in Hanover live online. It was a very exciting game and she played great!!!! I am a very proud big brother!!!!



From Hanover. Im David Brent and you stay classy Upper Valley.

No comments: