Monday, May 30, 2011

Its Memorial Day!

I want to start this post by first thanking all the brave men and women who gave there lives so that we can be free. Happy Memorial day everyone!


Its currently 80 degrees and sunny right now and ironically enough its a great time to be a Bruins hockey fan!! That's right the Bruins are heading to the Stanley cup!! It hasn't been easy but with a goal in the third period the bruins went on to beat the Tampa bay Lightening 1-0 in game 7! and to add to that the Redsox are in first place!!! 30-23. Not bad for starting the season 2-10. Its still a long season but things are looking good.

Like i said its currently in the low 80s and its been like that for a week now. It went from 60's right to 80's and its great! We've also had a few good Thunderstorms roll through which is always fun. Running has been going well. My work outs are going great even though Ive been feeling over all tired and sluggish but I'm still hitting the times so that it is good. Today I did 4x400m hills plus 8x200 w/200m jog rest in 27/27/26/26/26/26/25/25. Legs felt tired but was still able to get faster throughout the workout with out feeling like I was flat out. For the rest of the weeks it will be easy runs with a little something on Thurs. just to get the legs moving, then I'm racing an 800 at the Boston Twilight meet on Saturday. And its time to go fast! My plan is to run hard through 600 and then what ever I have left for the last 200.

An as you know we have been helping out with Middle school track but what you might not know is that I am an Assistant Jumps coach! That's right every Tuesday and Thursday I help out Alex (Triple jumper) with Triple Jump and Long Jump. Alex does most of the coaching and I help with the stretching and the form drills. Its great though because when I am done running I want to get into coaching and be able to coach all the events or at least have a general idea so that If a kid comes up to me and says he wants to triple jump I will be able to help him get started.  Helping with the jumps has payed off as I am learning a lot especially with triple jump. Its been a lot of fun and last week at the 6 grade only meet our triple jumpers went 1-2-3 by a substantial margin.

That's it for me today. I hope everyone is out side enjoy this wonderful day! Go Redsox, Go Bruins, Go ITANH!!!

-Gags

No comments: