Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Its freakin freezing in here Mr. Bigglesworth!

Good Morning,
I hope everyone is staying warm!! It has been a very cold past couple of weeks minus monday when it reached a record high 50 degrees....... and on tuesday it was right back down to 18! Gotta love this New England weather. Speaking of that on our long run on Sunday we started out at about 34 degrees in rain and within the first 5 miles it went from rain to sleet to snow to rain back to snow back to sleet and then eventually for the rest of the run it was just a cold rain. That didn't phase us to much as we picked up the pace throughout the whole run and my last 5 miles of my 15 miler were in the low 5:50's! By the end of our run it was about 40 degrees.

Like I said above on Monday it was a record high but by the same time on Tuesday for our workout it was back down to 18 degrees and the outdoor track was frozen over with a nice layer of snow on top! This forced us to do our workout on the Dartmouth indoor track. The work out was called the Michigan! We had to modify it a little bit by changing the tempo part from 2k to just a mile because we were on the indoor track. The workout consisted of me running a Mile hard followed by a mile tempo then a 1200 hard followed by a mile tempo then and 800 and a mile tempo then end on a fast 400! after every hard interval we had 3 min rest and after every tempo we had 2 min rest. We did all of this in lane six on a flat 200m track! Needless to say I was very pleased with my results as I went 4:30/4:58 3:23/4:53 2:12/4:48 58...

As you can imagine I was feeling yesterdays workout on today's run  but that was nothing compared to my hat freezing to the side of my head and my sweat freezing on my eyelashes!


As much as I cant wait to head to Santa Barbara for some warmer weather! Im definetly going to miss training up here in New England! Even though the weather can be miserable I feel that It gives you a different kind of toughness that you cant get in California. 

And on that note My  Nephew Frankie would like to say Happy Holidays everyone!


Happy Holidays!!

-Brian

5 comments:

PMAMFM said...

Wow - that kid is adorable!!!!

Anonymous said...

cute kid. good thing he doesn't look like his uncle!

Anonymous said...

Frankie has some good looks...must have gotten them from his uncle.

Anonymous said...

frankie <33333

Daren Myers/Brian Watrous said...

The weather man called...he wants his job back...musta downloaded the new spell check app. miss ya too much bud!