Monday, January 24, 2011

Good Morning,

Unfortunately, this has been my view of sunny California. 


My achilles injury is taking a bit longer than expected to get back to 100%. Therefore biking and pool workouts have been on my agenda. I do not mind cycling, I enjoy it to be completely honest. However, my swimming skills are rather pathetic and I am fairly confident I would rather sit and watch grass grow than nearly drown myself working out in the pool. It however has motivated me to get healthy and accomplish all the little things that I need to get better and stay that way. It really has been a frustrating journey to get my achilles back to 100%. Thankfully, I am learning plenty of valuable lessons and some preventative maintenance throughout the process. 

On a positive note the weather forecast predicts sunny and 70 degrees for the next week. We have miles and miles of new roads, trails, and sidewalks that we will be using for training. Next weekend will start the indoor season for some ITA athletes. We will also start our first week working with the Boys and Girls Club of Ventura Co. Its an exciting time in the ITA community!!!!!!

This evening after picking up Lex from the airport and stopping at the grocery store we had an unexpected surprise on the ride home. It consisted of some fun 80's music and one heck of a sunset!!!!!


David


1 comment:

walt said...

It was minus 26 this morning in Lebanon this morning. Enjoy your training!